Sunday, July 20, 2008

FWAH

I've been really busy.
Really busy with work, and really busy TRYING to catch up on my sleep.

In summation, the FY09 Operations Summit was a lot of fun, but VERY exhausting. We didn't have a lot of free time, but I guess when you get paid to go to Toronto you can't complain.

We flew out at 8am, and arrived about 1:15 Ontario time. From there we ditched the bus guy and crammed into Hazel's rental car on an adventure to find our hotel. Once there we bitched about being roomed with complete strangers and got settled in. We walked around downtown Toronto and at around 7pm left for our "FUN ACTIVITY" which turned out to be a "cruise" on the lake. I've never been on a cruise WHERE THE POWER GOES OUT. TWICE. After our dinner cruise we went for drinks with our district manager, and then did the old room-switcheroo. I got lucky and my room mate ditched me, so Katie and I got to room together in the end. The next morning we woke up and checked out of the hotel at around 730 am. We went to Timmys and then sat through an afternoon of conferences and workshops where we were rewarded with 4gb IPOD nanos. It was swell. After the conference we clamored on to a stinky charter bus which took us back to the airport. Since we had four hours to kill we ate delicious airport food and got our nails done. Then it was a hop on a plane where I was sorrounded by a trifecta of screaming and crying children for the four hour flight home. The end.

Yesterday I bought $150 in clothes in preparation for Penticton. I'm so excited!! I had to change our reservation slightly today because the family reunion that was in Summerland has moved to Merritt. So now we're spending one night there at the Ramada. I should probably see some of my family, its been two years.

Ana's 21st birthday pub crawl was last night. Brandon and I had a lot of fun! Brandon doesn't remember the last bit of the night...which doesn't much matter because it was pretty uneventful. We got home safe and that's all that matters.

Anypoo, its 10:37 and I work at 6am which means I have to be up for 4:45. I've got to be bright and chipper for the conference call.

PEACEZ.

No comments: