Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dear Grandpa

I'm glad you didn't suffer when you passed away on the operating table. I'm sorry we didn't spend more time together; I wish I could have been closer.

Everyone misses you, but in your passing we will celebrate your amazing 87 years of life. You were a strong, intelligent man. You survived WWII and made a home for so many children. Your heart was so big and generous, guided by God and Jesus.

You are gone physically, but you'll always be with us in our hearts. I know we'll see each other in the very distant future, and I hope you find peace in everlasting life.

Grandma misses you dearly, but I promise we'll take good care of her.

I love you. Rest in peace and enjoy the eternal joys you have so prominently earned.

PS- I will always think of you when I hear The Teddy Bear's Picnic, eat peaches, and swim in the Okanogan.

Xoxoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mally, that made me cry.
ecspecially this part...

"PS- I will always think of you when I hear The Teddy Bear's Picnic, eat peaches, and swim in the Okanogan."

That's so true.

Love you.